Hello Larry,

It's been a while but I need your help. I'm using the DSRUN command so that I can INGEST as METS file. So far INGEST works if I'm using MODS having MDTYPE="MODS" but when my is MDTYPE="DC" I'm running into all sorts of problems. One would think this (using Dublin Core DC Tags) would be default behavior and not MODS. Also, I had to do magic in my dspace.cfg file so that I could simply get AbstractMETSIngester to work. I think you might have a code section incomplete or possibly I might have the dspace.cfg settings incorrect when using MDTYPE="DC". Here's what I had to do to my config file:

Added the following:

NEW Entry
++++++++++
plugin.named.org.dspace.content.packager.PackageIngesterMETS = \
 org.dspace.content.packager.PDFPackager  = Adobe PDF, PDF, \
 org.dspace.content.packager.DSpaceMETSIngester = METS

plugin.named.org.dspace.content.crosswalk.IngestionCrosswalk = \
 org.dspace.content.crosswalk.PREMISCrosswalk = PREMIS \
org.dspace.content.crosswalk.QDCCrosswalk = QDC \ +++++++++++++++++++This I had to add
 org.dspace.content.crosswalk.NullIngestionCrosswalk = NIL

Once I did the above "MDTYPE=DC" stop giving me an exception on "DC" Manifest is not supported.

What is happening now: I'm getting an exception in AbstractMETSIngester
// Sanity-check the resulting metadata on the Item:
           PackageUtils.checkMetadata(item);

Because the "TITLE" is not found in my METS.XML file and that looks like the following:

<METS:mdWrap MIMETYPE="text/xml" MDTYPE="DC" LABEL="Dublin Core Metadata">
               <METS:xmlData>
<oai_dc:dc xmlns:oai_dc="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/"; xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";>
                       <dc:title>Testbed #1</dc:title>
<dc:creator>Jack Rabbit</dc:creator> <dc:subject>Test</dc:subject>
                   </oai_dc:dc>
               </METS:xmlData>
</METS:mdWrap>

Any help is mostly appreciated.

--Lawry P.

Larry Stone wrote:
See the "Application Layer" page in the DSpace system documentation
(docs/application.html in the source), the section "Package Importer and
Exporter".  Briefly, the [dspace]/bin/packager command ingests packages
as well, you have to give it a "-c collection-handle" option and can
specify "-s" for submit, although i believe this is the default.

In any case, run [dspace]/bin/packager --help  for help with all options.

    -- Larry

I've been struggling trying to figure how to import METS ITEMS into
DSPACE as in SIP. There's an export utility (dsrun) for exporting DSPACE
items into METS Formats (DIP).  How would I go about doing the reverse,
importing METS Items into a Collection.