Dear Dspace tech list,

We are having issues with the way our dspace.log file is being written. We
believe this behavior began with our upgrade to version 1.4.2. The main
issue is that our handle server is writing its logs to dspace.log in lieu of
handle-plugin.log. This is causing issues with functionalities that are
dependent on dspace.log (things like administrator statistics). We have
ensured that our handle server is configured to write to handle-plugin.log.
Whenever we restart our handle server, it writes logs to handle-plugin.log
for a few seconds, then switches to dspace.log. In addition, the expected
input to dspace.log is sometimes blocked altogether. We have made sure that
all relevant files and processes are being run as the installing linux
account.

Does anyone have any ideas on what we might try to resolve this? Thanks and
happy vernal equinox!

Kyle Kaliebe
Systems Developer/Engineer
Knowledge Bank