Hi folks,

at first i want to thank you for the great job you did with dspace. i
like it more everyday i am working with and we have plans to use it at
our institute.

but i have a little question concerning the german special characters
(such as umlaute üöä). it works fine in jspui but doesnt show up correct
in xmlui. must be a problem with the encoding, but i have set tomcat to
utf-8 as recommended. what was my mistake? i am using dspace 1.5.0
release and tomcat 6.
it also appears wrong encoded in the database.

thanks for your help
michael

Dipl.- Ing. Michael Steck
FfE - Forschungsstelle für Energiewirtschaft e.V.
Am Blütenanger 71
80995 München
Tel.: 089/158121-22
Fax: 089/158121-10