On Aug 29, 2008, at 7:17 AM, Michael Steck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i was also trying to fix this encoding problem with the help of
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1366_1_1.html, but without success.
> my conclusion is that
>
> - setting the container-encoding in the web.xml to ISO-8859-1 fixes
> almost all problems,

I've made this change in the svn and it will be in the release.

> - but 2 bugs remain
>          * simple (or  "secondary search) search (...dspace/search)
>          * file upload in (submitting process and in the
> administrative
> section) (not discussed yet, hope this helps someone somehow)

Can you send the text examples your using for the cases this is
happening? Maybe a snapshot image of the problem?

>>> - set the container-encoding in the web.xml to ISO-8859-1
>>> - set the form-encoding for Browse to ISO-8859-1 in
>>>
> [dspace-source]/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-api/src/main/resources/
> aspects/ArtifactBrowser/sitemap.xmap

Claudia, Can you post how you set this?

>>> The only issue left at this point is the provenance information in
> the
>>> license, if the user name holds special characters.
>>>
>>> You can try it at:
> https://eldorado2.uni-dortmund.de/dspace151betaxmlui/
>>> If you find anything else, let me know.
>>>
>>> Sunny greetings
>>>
>>> Claudia

Are email addresses allowed to hold special characters?

If we can get these issues cleared up in the next couple days then we
can get the fix into the release.

thanks,
Mark