hi mika,

are you sure? editing metadate works fine in my dspace-instance if the
container-encoding is set to ISO-8859-1 in web.xml...

greetings, michael

Dipl.- Ing. Michael Steck
FfE - Forschungsstelle für Energiewirtschaft e.V.
Am Blütenanger 71
80995 München
Tel.: 089/158121-22
Fax: 089/158121-10
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.ffe.de

>>> Mika Stenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/04/08 10:56  >>>
Just noticed that the encoding issues occur also when editing
metadata;
special (say, scandinavian accented characters), get messed up after
updating edited metadata.

-Mika

> Hi Mark,
>

> after setting the container-encoding to IS0-8859-1 the display of
> characters was ok, but still browsing on special characters dis not
work .

>>> [dspace-source]/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-api/src/main/resources/
>>> aspects/ArtifactBrowser/sitemap.xmap
>>>
>> Claudia, Can you post how you set this?
>>

> Thus I did 2 changes to

dspace-1_5_1-beta/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-api/src/main/resources/aspects/ArtifactBrowser/sitemap.xmap

> added the action "set-encoding" to the actions
>
> <map:actions>
> <map:action name="SendFeedbackAction"

src="org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.artifactbrowser.SendFeedbackAction"/>

https://eldorado2.uni-dortmund.de/dspace151betaxmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/12/license.txt?sequence=2

> 2) the secondary search
> Searching for special characters works ok unless you do a secondary
> search, i.e. doing a search from the results page.
>

> Have a good start to the week
>
> Claudia

challenge
great prizes
world

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world