Gary,

That should have worked for getting the code into place.

Could you try running...

[dspace.dir]/bin/dsrun -Ddspace.log.init.disable=true -
Dlog4j.configuration=log4j-console.properties
org.dspace.eperson.Subscribe -t

this would then output the emails that would be sent out to System.out

If that works, then running

[dspace.dir]/bin/dsrun -Ddspace.log.init.disable=true -
Dlog4j.configuration=log4j-console.properties
org.dspace.eperson.Subscribe

or just (if you want logging to go to dspace.log instead)

[dspace.dir]/bin/dsrun org.dspace.eperson.Subscribe

Will send out the emails.

I don't use the sub-daily wrapper, I just place the lines like this
that I want to run into my crontab.

-Mark