Hi Dorothea,

Given the /submission connection, I'm wondering if there are any problems
caused by an item that's been partially-submitted by the user (the items that
display in the /submissions page normally).

Perhaps you could check the Workflow/Unfinished Tasks out as your admin user,
and remove those that were submitted originally by the user having the problems.

If that doesn't help, the other thing I'd recommend is turning on debug-level
logging in Dspace in case that reveals a problem the logs aren't telling us now.
To do this, just change this line in [dspace]/config/log4j.properties:

log4j.rootCategory=INFO, A1

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, A1

Your logs will be a lot busier and won't be entirely easy to read, but it could
be worth a go.

Cheers,

Kim