Hi Daniel,

To facilitate knowledge exchange, discussions is better be done on
public mailing list more than through person emails.
If you reply please mail to Tech List of dspace. Thanks.

Back on your question. I want to offer help but need your providing more
information.

Could you describe in details about your (unsuccessful) customization
procedure:
 - what files (directories and names) you have edited and
 - what actions are done afterward
 - and your dspace version, OS, webapp container, etc.

Cheers,
Allen Lam.
HKU Hub Administrator, http://hub.hku.hk