Hi Daniel,

- Try restart tomcat. If it does not help...
- Check if your dspace admin has privilege to write files into your
[dspace.dir]/config directory.

The top news and sidebar news data is written into that config folder.
Check the file date of news-top.html. Does it remain unchanged after you
edit the top news? If yes, write-privilege is the problem.

Cheers,
Allen Lam.
HKU Hub Administrator, http://hub.hku.hk