I've spent some time working with my server hosting company.  We've
determined that all server related mail functions are working fine.  This
means it must be dspace but I can't discover the problem.  It continues to
give me the error message that states:

Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:174)
at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:238)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:280)

I've ensured that the certificate and private key have been properly added
to the java key store.  So perhaps it has something to do with the way
dspace is accessing the key store, and maybe java does not know where the
key store is.  Are either of these possibilities? or any other suggestions?

-Bryce