I just noticed in one of our DSpace instances that all of the rows in the
bitstream table have column "bitstream_format_id" set to "1" - Unknown.  All
the documents are either .pdf files or their equivalent .pdf.txt files (from
filter-media).  The strange thing is that all the .pdf files are in ORIGINAL
bundles and all the .pdf.txt files are in TEXT bundles.

     What is the proper way to set the value of "bitstream_format_id" during an
import?  Is it a field you have to include in the Contents file?  Or is it
supposed to be set programmatically in DSpace?  I guess I can write a query to
"update" the bitstream_format_id based on the document names, i.e., .pdf files
are bitstream_format_id = "3" and .pdf.txt files should be "5".

Thanks in advance,
Sue

Sue Walker-Thornton
NASA Langley Research Center
Integrated Library Systems
Developer, Application & Database Administrator
ConITS Contract ~ NCI Information Systems, Inc.
130 Research Drive
Hampton, VA  23666
Office: (757) 224-4074 ~ Mobile: (757) 506-9903 ~ Fax: (757) 224-4001
email:  susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov<mailto:susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov>

<<inline: image001.gif>>