Hi, all,
Does your institution's Manakin look all right in IE8? In our case, the
browsing page pagination.info and ds-artifact-list all drop down, and the
doesn't display right either. Here are my questions:

-How to add an IE8 css to the Kubrick theme or any other theme? Tried to modify
the global sitemap.xmap and the local sitemap.xmap as Ryan did (see below for a
past post), however, Manakin in IE8 still picks up the IE7 stylesheet (in our
case). I also followed suggestions by a past post and added compatibility mode
to the buildheader section (added this line "<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible"
content="IE=EmulateIE7"/>"), it doesn't make much different though.

-What adjustments do you recommend to make the pages in IE8 display right?

Please kindly reply if you have any insight(especially if you use Kubrick
theme. We switched to Kubrick theme recently and we use 1.6.2).
Thanks a lot!
Sophie
Posted by Ryan Clark on Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:07:43 -0800 [Dspace-tech] CSS
issues with xmlui and IE8
I'm having CSS issues with IE8. I'm using a slightly modified version of the
Kubrick theme that comes packaged with Manakin. Spacing of the sidebar,
header and footer are way off in IE8.

I noticed that when I access my site using IE8, it uses two stylesheets:
style.css and style-ie6.css. My first thought was to try and adjust that to
use the style-ie7.css. I tried to fix it by doing the following:

1) In the global sitemap.xmap, I added a line:
  <map:selectors>
    <map:selector name="browser" ...>
      *<browser name="explorer8" useragent="MSIE 8"/>*

2) In the theme's sitemap.xmap I added another set of lines:
  <map:select type="browser">
    *<map:when test="explorer8">*
*      <map:transform type="IncludePageMeta">*
* **<map:parameter name="stylesheet.screen#1" value="lib/css/style.css"/>*
* **<map:parameter name="stylesheet.screen#2"
value="lib/css/style-ie7.css"/>*
* **<map:parameter name="javascript#1" value="lib/jquery-1.2.min.js"/>*
* **<map:parameter name="javascript#2" value="lib/kubrick-jquery.js"/>*
* **<map:parameter name="theme.path" value="{global:theme-path}"/>*
* **<map:parameter name="theme.name" value="{global:theme-name}"/>*
*      </map:transform>*
*    </map:when>*

However I didn't have any luck -- IE8 still identifies itself as useragent
"MSIE 8", but somehow I'm still ending up with pages using the IE6
stylesheet.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot,
Ryan