Thanks for the replies... I just gave this a go.

Wow.  I had been zipping the historical log files in a cron job, so I
had to unzip them to do the log analysis.  I had 25 gigs free, but ran
out of disk space unzipping them!

I didn't anticipate them taking that much space... can the log scripts,
by any chance, work on gzipped log files?  Or, is there any way to do
this on another machine, if I recreate the environment perhaps?

Thanks :)

Alan

--
Alan Orth