Actually, 8.2 went EOL at the end of last year, so it wouldn't hurt to
make the official 'requirements' be at least 8.3, even if 8.2 happens
to work.

For the next release, I would even be tempted to say that the official
minimum is 8.4 (it's already highly recommended). It may work with 8.3
/ 8.2, but 8.3 will be EOL before the following major DSpace release,
so it would be prudent for people to be on at least 8.4 anyway, with a
recommendation for 9 and above.