Hello helix84,

Just out of interest here,

>I'll describe only the way I recommend for whole server migration (db
>dump+copy assetstore), after all, you asked only for best practice.
why do you recommend (db dump+copy assetstore) for 'best practice' as
opposed to AIP Backup& Restore tool [1] --especially for case #1?

> But there's here's just the tool for the job:
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/Importing+Community+and+Collection+Hierarchy
I have tried using structure-builder before and had no luck figuring
out how to export my archive structure, is this even possible?

[1] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/AIP+Backup+and+Restore
Lighton Phiri
http://lightonphiri.org