On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Joseph Greene <joseph.gre...@ucd.ie> wrote:
> (Sorry Pascal) -- and some answers to my own question, from Helix84 --
> http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/Why-does-DSpace-use-XSLT-1-0-td3750179.html
>
> To clarify earlier, I have replaced the file below but not getting any
> results when I use xslt/xpath 2.0 functions. Perhaps I've missed something.

OK, this mixes several different things, so I'll try to clear up some confusion.

Most importantly, DSpace uses XSLT in several places independently. My
question was about XSLT 2.0 in XMLUI. Your question is about XSLT 2.0
in a dissemination crosswalk. Which XSLT processor each of these
features use is independently defined.

What they have in common is that (AFAIK) Saxon is the only Java XSLT
processor which supports XSLT 2.0.

Now, about XSLT processor in dissemination crosswalk. The
transformation is done via the JDOM library:

https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-1.8.2/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/content/crosswalk/XSLTDisseminationCrosswalk.java#L42

It seems this can be changed. Here's what a quick search reveals:
http://www.jdom.org/pipermail/jdom-interest/2005-September/015030.html
(Michael Kay is the author of Saxon and an authority on XSLT).

Also remember to put Saxon in your classpath (in this case
[dspace]/lib should do because it's in dspace-api module).

Regards,
~~helix84