Hi all,

We are running Dspace 1.8.2 on Oracle, using the default JSP version. One of
our users has submitted an item in January this year. This item has been
approved and is accessible in the collection. However, the user still has this
item in the list of Unfinished Submission that appears on his My Dspace page.
Strangely enough, it appears twice in the list. When he click on it, it takes
him to the submitted item in the collection. He also can open it for editing
but cannot edit anything and gets an internal error occurred message instead.
An internal error also occurs when trying to remove I from My Dspace. No
stacktraces are mentioned in the sources of the webpages.

As administrator I cannot access this submission, as this item does not appear
in the administrator's workflow view.

Something must have gone wrong as the item has been successfully submitted and
approved in January.

The Dspace log files reports several errors. These errors seem obvious as this
item should not be in the workspace anymore

authorize_error:org.dspace.authorize.AuthorizeException\colon; Authorization
denied for action REMOVE on ITEM\colon;11541 by user 23

ERROR org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.SubmissionController @ Error loading step
class'org.dspace.submit.step.InitialQuestionsStep':
org.dspace.authorize.AuthorizeException: Authorization denied for action WRITE
on ITEM:11541 by user 23

Is there a way to solve this. Remove the duplicate partial submission from the
user's My Dspace page, other than manually updating the database? If the
latter, what tables have to be updated?

Best wishes,
Francis Brouns

Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Verstrekking aan
en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan. Open Universiteit sluit iedere
aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit elektronische verzending. Aan de
inhoud van deze e-mail en/of eventueel toegevoegde bijlagen kunnen geen rechten
worden ontleend.

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be passed
on to, or made available for use by any person other than the addressee(s).
Open Universiteit rules out any and every liability resulting from any
electronic transmission. No rights may be derived from the contents of this
message.