On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Lars Schimmer <l.schim...@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:
>  wget http://localhost:8080/solr/statistics/select?q=*:*

You're trying with localhost

> Connecting to localhost (localhost)|::1|:8080... connected.

which resolves to an IPv6 address. I'm sure the localhost restriction
specifically doesn't work with IPv6. RemoteAddrValve should, but you
specified and IPv4 address (127.0.0.1), not an IPv6 one (::1)!

Verify this by running wget
http://127.0.0.1:8080/solr/statistics/select?q=*:* which should work.
Then either try RemoteAddrValve with IPv6 or modify your /etc/hosts
file to no longer translate localhost to ::1.

If my assumptions are correct, connections from your other allowed
address range (129.27.218.*) currently do work, you only have a
problem with the "localhost" host name.

Regards,
~~helix84