Hi,

I'm using dspam 3.6.8 with my postfix server and maildrop for local delivery. dspam is set up as a local delivery agent in postfix and is configured itself to use maildrop as its delivery agent.

I've observed the following behavior: maildrop returns an exit code 75 in cases where a user's .mailfilter is broken. dspam reports this in the system log, but returns an exit code of 255 itself. As a result, postfix regards this issue as a permanent failure instead of a temporary one (the original 75 is a tempfail code, I believe) and the message gets bounced instead of re-queued.

What I would like to see, of course, is that dspam would return 75 itself if the local delivery agent does so. I've used the combination of postfix and maildrop long enough to know that everything works fine with these two - postfix re-queues on tempfail, as it should.

Is this behavior of dspam intended for some reason? Is it a bug? I searched Google, but I could only find a patch that was submitted to a mailing list back in 2006, so I thought I'd better get a current status on this issue.

Regards
Oliver Sturm

--
+447774734437 - ICQ 27142619 MSN oli...@sturmnet.org