Vince LaMonica wrote:
[massive snip]

I've got dspam working! It's generating log files and graphics [had to tweak the two cgi files to use gif instead of png [oh the irony!] as png wasn't working even with libpng being installed on this Ubuntu 6.06 server].

My only question left is this: I've setup my user account for bouncing/redirecting to a global s...@example.com. My /etc/aliases:

spam:           "|/usr/local/dspam/bin/dspam --user root --class=spam
--source=error"
notspam:        "|/usr/local/dspam/bin/dspam --user root --class=innocent
--source=error"

and so the dspam signature is in the header. I've bounced [via Pine] a few messages that made it through. However, in the WebUI's History tab, they are still showing up for me to mark as spam.

My corpus count shows zero. How should the redirected/bounced e.mail show up for dspam? Should it be counted in corpus? Is there a log showing that dspam is learning via my bouncing of spam that made it to my inbox?

Thanks for any info you have!

/vjl/
I'm happy that you have dspam mostly working now. Did you take care of the History, Analysis and Quarantine issues in the WebUI that you previously mentioned? That can usually be fixed by checking your permissions. Give Led Hed's wiki <http://wiki.ledhed.net/index.php/DSpam_File_Permissions> a read, which shows the permissions of all of his dspam related files and directories. Basically, run dspam as dspam (ps aux | grep dspam should show you the user that it is running as) and chown -R dspam.dspam $DSPAM_HOME, and chown -R dspam.dspam /var/www/dspam.

I would have to say that the fault is with the --user switch. Are you using the PgSQL or MySQL storage driver? If so, and you are also using the SQLUIDInSignature option, then --user must be set to any valid user in the dspam database (that being any user in the dspam_virtual_uids table). Dspam will then change the user to the correct one at run time. This also has the benefit of requiring only one spam and one notspam alias, instead of having one for each user on your system. Read the "The Simple Way" setup in the README.

If you are not using the previously mentioned setup, then --user needs to be set to the user that the incoming mail belongs to. I think. I never quite figured out the ParseToHeaders, ChangeUserOnParse and ChangeModeOnParse options, which I think are used to help determine the user when using not suing any of the SQLUIDInSignature options. It seems like you are using either the "The Kind-of-Simple Way" or "The Old Way (A.K.A. The Hard Way)" setup as detailed in the README.

Long story short - mess with the --user option. If that turns out to be the problem, look into using one of the SQLUIDInSignature options.

-Kyle

!DSPAM:1011,496dee9b150929006110193!