OK Nate,

   You almost confused me in your below example. so just so others
understand.

   The YOUR: Your call sign in your example should actually be represented
by MY: My Call

   Your Call is always the called stations call sign or CQCQCQ. not to be
confused with your own call.

   So I suggest we always refer to the other guys call in examples by YOUR
Call (UR:)  and our own call sign by MY Call (MY:) !!!

   It is also always good to refer users to the D-STAR
<http://www.dstarinfo.com/Calculator/DSTAR%20Web%20Calculator.aspx>
Calculator so they can enter in the information and get back the correct
call routing.

Learning how to use the calculator will most likely lend itself to a better
understanding of what call routing is all about to the user.

Barry

KA0BBQ