Hmmm..

    Well I apologize for not paying more attention when I prepared my recent
training. I only checked the manuals for 3 radios.

I made the assumption ICOMs examples were the same for all radios since the
91, 92, and 2820 were all the same. but regardless

My previous statements still hold true that  UR: Your call is the called
station or CQQCQ while MY: My Call is the calling station

The IC-91A manual I have the .pdf of does not represent the routing as
stated by Tony below as MY UR R1 R2  but as UR R1 R2 MY

just like the manuals for the IC-92AD and IC-2820H.

So when Nate indicated "YOUR: Your call sign" in his example still may be
confusing to some because to me is sounds more like he

was saying UrCALL rather than MyCALL using the ID-800H example given.

Now I've laid out how the ICOM manuals appear but don't expect it to display
properly on yahoogroups because it truncates lines

In messages

ICOM DV MODE OPERATION on the IC-91A, IC-92AD, and IC-2820H

Station A calling Station B             Station A Making CQ area 1
Station A calling Station C

UR     :A2222B                                     UR     :CQCQCQ
UR     :A4444C

R1      :A22222                                     R1      :A22222
R1      :A22222

R2      :NOT USED                               R2      :A11111
R2      :A44444

MY    :A2222A                                     MY    :A2222A
MY    :A2222A

ICOM DV MODE OPERATION on the ID-800H

Station A calling Station B             Station A Making CQ area 1
Station A calling Station C

MyCALL   :A2222A                            MyCALL   :A2222A
MyCALL   :A2222A

UrCALL     :A2222B                            UrCALL     :CQCQCQ
UrCALL     :A4444C

RPT1 C      :A22222                            RPT1 C      :A22222
RPT1 C      :A22222

RPT2 C      :NOT USE                         RPT2 C      :A11111
RPT2 C      :A44444

Station A:  A2222A

Station B:  A2222B

Station C:  A4444C

Repeater 1: A22222

Repeater 2: A11111

Repeater 3: A33333

Repeater 4: A44444

So I respectfully submit the following instead:

IC-91AD, IC92AD, IC-2820H

UR: CQCQCQ
RPT1: W7MOT++B (if you're on UHF)
RPT2: W7MOT++G
MY: Your callsign (Calling Station)

ID-800H

MyCall: Your callsign (Calling Station)

UrCall: CQCQCQ
RPT1: W7MOT++B (if you're on UHF)
RPT2: W7MOT++G

73

Barry

KA0BBQ

Nate wrote:

UR: CQCQCQ
RPT1: W7MOT++B (if you're on UHF)
RPT2: W7MOT++G
YOUR: Your callsign

Tony wrote:

Yep, I've always used

MY
UR
R1
R2

As per the 91AD. :)

>This is the example format I've been using for the entire time I've been
>doing D-STAR examples, and the way they are on even our own local
>website. This is the first anyone's been confused by it?

73 de VK3JED