My rig will not transmit low speed data.  I have tried using D*Chat and also 
D-Rats.  The data cable is working as I did a loop back test on it and verified 
that it is working with two separate programs one was Com Test(a) and the other 
D*Chat.  So I know that data is reaching the socket at the rig.  If you are 
wondering how?  I just shorted pin 4 and 7 on the 8 pin Din plug and ran data 
down the cable and got the echo back.  The Data Transmition is set to DVT-AT.  
GPS-OF, SPD-96, BPS-96.  The COM 1 is set 9600, 8 bit, parity-none,stop 1, 
XON/XOFF. What else if anything am I missing?  just had the rig for 2 weeks now 
and want to be very sure before I send it back for a check-up on the data port. 
Is there
a way to do a loop back test on the data port like the COM port.  I have not 
been able to see if I am recieving data from the data port as I have not had 
the oportunnity to run across any one running D*Chat, D-Rats, or any other data 
programs on D*.
The data cable is using pin 5, 3,and 2 on the db9 connector and 2, 7, and 4 on 
the 8pin mini din respectively..(5>2, 3>7, 2>4).

Tnaaks
Keith AB8CL

(a) Com Test is a freeware COM Port test
software from B&B Electronics 

Reply via email to