--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com, "ham44865" <ham44...@...> wrote:

First, congratulations on the advances in your project!  I have looked at and
built the code for your gateway from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dstardextra/ and will be doing some testing on
it.

Also it was cool to see that your project rank is in the top 2000 on
SourceForge and I appreciate the early source releases.

> dstar_gwy_srv can be used on any DSTAR ICOM system,
> Europe,US, Japan,...

I'd be curious about Japan since they still use the version 1.0 of the gateway
software. I think there were changes in the trust server between version 1.0
and G2.

G4ULFs design is built to be fully compatible with the G2 infrastructure and
has been tested against a trust server run similarly to the USTrust server, it
now is in production beta against the USTrust server.  Therefore, it should
work against any other G2 Trust Server, regardless of its location.

You can read a bit about G4ULF's project at http://g4ulf.blogspot.com/

> It is idependent of any "backbone",if there is such a word
> backbone when it comes to dstar.

There are a couple of instances where the term backbone is used in D-STAR, most
noticeably when applied to the 10 gHz. ATM "backbone" for connecting repeater
sites, but really it is a semantic issue.

G4ULF's gateway is on the largest and most universal D-STAR network
(authentication and authorization trust server).  G4ULF completed a test
process that allows him to use the USTrust server and be a peer on that network.

> I believe you mean dstar TRUST groups, not "backbone".

In this context, that is probably the better term.

> Scott

73 - K7VE