On Sep 9, 2009, at 9:58 PM, James McIlree wrote:

Given that you have only 40 hits, my guess is you should use the .9s context.

May I ask why?

Can this be generalized into saying that function run time as measured by timestamp should _always_ be evaluated against total eval time measured by excluding the function probe?

I still don't understand whether nsMenuX::MenuConstruct really takes 12ms of elapsed time as DTrace is claiming. I will try to measure this using mach_absolute_time, without involving dtrace, to see if it makes a difference.

        Thanks, Joel

---
fastest mac firefox!
http://wagerlabs.com