Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but there's some faulty info in
here, so I thought others might benefit from my mistakes.

First, as several people point out, the Receiver's power supply is a
Phihong PSA050R-090 (9V 0.56A). You can buy those for under $10 from
either Digikey or Allied Electronics.

Unfortunately, although Logitech used the PSA050R-090, they substituted
a non-standard barrel connector. Therefore the PSA050R-090 you purchase
from Digikey or Allied will not fit. Specifically, a standard
PSA050R-090 has a barrel connector that is 5.5mm OD 2.1mm ID. As
accurately reflected in the wiki
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_comparison), the
Receiver power supply has a barrel connector that is 3.5mm OD, 1.05mm
ID. That is a difficult barrel connector to find. I was unable to find
an adapter. (I found several that were close:  3mm OD, 1.05mm ID and
3.5mm OD, 1.35mm ID. But neither will fit.)

As several on this thread have noted, sellers on Amazon and on eBay
claim to have replacement Receiver power supplies. Many or most of them
are just standard PSA050R-090 - marked up to cost twice as much as if
you bought it from Digikey or Allied - and with the standard barrel
connector that will not fit your Receiver.

What to do? As Fred pointed out, the Logitech online store continues to
sell Receiver replacement power supplies.
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/squeezebox-receiver.  I
ordered one and it unsurprisingly has the correct sized barrel
connector. Logitech charges $15 for it, which seems high except that you
will have trouble finding it elsewhere. Minie arrived in a sealed
cushioned packing envelope that looked like it had been sitting in a
warehouse for ten years - which it probably had. But the power supply
worked fine and my Receiver is back up and running.

So, if the Logitech online store is available in your country, order the
replacement from there. If not, then before ordering from Amazon or
eBay, ask the seller to confirm that the barrel connector is 3.5mm OD,
1.05mm ID. If the seller cannot confirm that, then it will not work.

Cheers.

Tom