Hi Jessie,

I am forwarding your email to the dumux-mailing list where you can always write questions and will get help from all the DuMux developers.

Regarding your questions you are absolutely right, you need the Dune core modules to install DuMux. The section you are referring to refers to installation with a script which also downloads the necessary dune modules, that is why you should not have them installed before. If you did not get the script from a download link via http://www.dumux.org/download/ then it is better to follow the explanations on how to install DuMux in section 2.3. or the short explanation on http://www.dumux.org/installation.php.

For you second question you are again right, you do not need to sign up to install DuMux. A username and password is only relevant if you would want to install dumux-devel, which is an old development version of dumux, we are not maintaining anymore so I would recommend you not to install that.

If the instructions in 2.3 do not work for you we can also send you an installation script for a new version in a few weeks. Currently we have some major changes in DuMux and are working on getting a new version ready. There will also be some new examples and a tutorial on how to start using DuMux. You can subscribe to the Mailing List to get information about new versions here: https://listserv.uni-stuttgart.de/mailman/listinfo/dumux.

Best wishes,

Katharina