On 23.08.2011 21:02, Michael Terry wrote:
>> true but backends usually list all files anyway. dont they? .. ede
>
> They do if you ask them to, and that's the only listing capability the
> current Duplicity backend.py API has.
>
> But if we're talking about adding to that API, I suspect most backends have a
> "query info about a particular file" call that doesn't involve listing all
> files.  And when verifying after each volume, that's what we want; we don't
> need to ask for info on more than just the one volume.

you are right. let's leave it to the backend. eventually python logic could
fish it out of a full listing in case a backend really doesn't support it.
seems like ftp and sftp support it that atomically though. we should really
implement it.

OR

at least make resuming optionally. too much cases seem to went wrong sice it
was introduced. while i see the advantage, i also see the disadvantage of
corrupt backups. and too much users with thin lines do whether verify nor keep
their chains short.

COMMENTS?

back to the issue itself. why not have a get_info() method stuffing all
avilable info into a list structure. that way we wont have to reinvent the
wheel when theremight be more information necessary.

ede

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/duplicity/early-catch-498933/+merge/72607
Your team duplicity-team is requested to review the proposed merge of