Hi!

Dominik wrote:
> Hi,
> I have one bug report and one feature request.
>
> Please download the example from
> http://kabelfunk.de/dvbcut/aspect_ratio.mpg
>
> Bug:
> Frame 18 is 4:3 but reported as 16:9.
> This has the sideeffect that "suggest bookmark" is always one frame to late.

Actually, an aspect ratio of 16:9 is correct. It's the video display
that is wrong (for reasons unknown to me - might be a decoder problem).

The switch occurs in the sequence header that precedes frame 21 (I). And
while it's debatable whether the B frames (19 and 20) have 4:3 or 16:9
aspect ratio - due to frame reordering, they appear logically before,
but physically after the I frame -, the decision is clear for the P
frame (18) which always uses the old aspect ratio.

> Feature request:
> The ad scene ends with frame 4 and so I set the start marker to frame 5.
> Unfortunately it was send by Pro7 as 16:9 for a short time and therefore
> the cut will contain a 16:9 and 4:3 mix. :-(

I know. Sometimes they even forget to indicate the switch. :-(

> Is it possible to extend the export dialog with three options? (radio
> buttons)
> - leave aspect ratio as it is
> - force 16:9 export
> - force 4:3 export

Yes and no. Due to the "keyhole surgery" approach dvbcut uses, most of
the video data is just copied 1:1 from the input to the output. The
program doesn't even look at the data. We would have to parse the video
stream (again) and copy it piece by piece in order to change the aspect
ratio on the fly.

> The workaround is using ProjectX, set aspect ratio to 4:3 in the video
> menu, demux and remux.
> But this is very annoying...

Did you try transcode?

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>