Hi Ralph (and Michael)!

Ralph Glasstetter wrote:
> Hi,

>>> Clearly this is true (as you guys' Windows build environments work), but
>>> what ails mine remains a mystery! It may be grasping at straws but I am
>>> building with a 32-bit toolchain on a 64-bit host. However, any other
>>> helpful hints greatfully received :-).

Problem solved (well, identified at least :-)). Indeed it was because I
was running mingw32 on a 64-bit host. Back-pedalling to 32-bit Vista has
#include_next behaving properly. An item for the records of esoteria!

>> Maybe MinGW just doesn't like to be installed on drive G:.
>>

> Mine is actually installed on drive G: too ... and it works (with mingw.sh &
> include_next). ;-)
>
> But what I realized yesterday is that my /mingw/include/ is totally empty...
> ???
> So an explicit include on this would not work for me (I'm talking about the
> one under msys
> NOT the one under the mingw install dir).
>
> My MSYS install directory on the other side resides below my MINGW install
> directory,
> which I'm not sure if that's standard... but as long as everything works...

Is your G: drive mount in /etc/fstab pointing to the right place? The
whole G:\msys\mingw directory is just a place-holder and empty.

Thanks again, both.

--
David