* Marc Andre Tanner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-02-25 17:45:43 +0100]:

I have already spent some time tracking this down, it turns out that
there are multiple keyboard cursor modes. On startup vim switches to
one of those and then expects the terminal to respond accordingly.
The reason why it worked with TERM=linux is that the linux console
doesn't support those modes, vim knows this and doesn't try to switch.

Interesting.  So it's a missing feature in madtty and other terminal
emulators which are pretending to be rxvt.

I have now added some code which implements the mode switching and the
arrow key should work with current git master. Would be nice if somebody
could confirm this.

Confirmed with vim 7.1