I have to agree with Ron, ND5S. When DXCC decided to change the policy
with regard to Deleted Countries, they didn't come through and throw away
all of these entities for the long time leaders of our DXCC list. They
could have, but they didn't. They understood how important it was to
acknowledge these accomplishments. The list toppers  still enjoy the
fruits of their long time labors with recognition of their efforts and
successes. Eventually, the changed program will result in a more level
playing field that will be a better measure of the current capabilities
of our peer group to contact and confirm the existing countries.
Considering how infrequent it is for some of these entities to be
activated, it will be a reasonably real-time measure of a persons efforts
and successes. No program of this type should have to require 40, 50, or
60 years of participation to reach the highest levels of recognition.

John Owens (N7SEJ)

Bruce,

I may be missing something, but using your logic, a "new guy" could NEVER
get to the top of the all time list as there are entities he couldn't
possibly work as these entities are on the deleted list.  The current
method
levels the playing field as available entities are available to all.
Under
the new rules attrition will eventually take care of the deleted "good
ones"
out there.

Best 73,

Ron ND5S