John, I agree with you 100% regarding the cost of postage in the US.  I
agree with you that the US is a lot better off than the rest of the
world, etc.  That doesn't change the fact that government has gotten
bigger, the postal service is more expensive to operate, etc.

I was only trying to point out rising costs, etc. in regards to the
"good old days."

The US Postal Service does post a loss each year, right????????  I'm
sorry if I struck a nerve.  You must work for the Post Office.

Regards,

Steve, N4JQQ

Bashing "big government", the unions, and the USPO is so popular isn't
it.