In a message dated 10/10/03 8:38:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

But John,

I want it set up so that when a country I need is spotted, my radio gets on
the precise freq. needed to ensure the contact on the first call,  swings
the store bought 22 element beam at 300', keys the rig (either voice OR
that other didah mode), sends the report, logs the contact (after proper
assurance of accurate call exchange), searches for QSL manager info, prints
the QSL, stuffs the envelope with $$ or IRCs, applies postage, drops mail
box, retrieves his QSL 33 seconds later and gets ARRL to acknowledge.

Whew, I didn't realize it was that hard.  How DID I work those first 320
countries?

Flame away fellas/gals but that is what it is coming to!

Dean
dit-dit

       And I want it RIGHT now with a QSL card tomorrow............!!  This whole hobby is becoming such a joke (after 50 years) because of people  who have no concept of what Amateur Radio is really all about or what it is supposed to be.

       Amateur radio is no longer about finesse or expertise or waiting long hours in a pile up to work a new one or using a technique that you recently learned by experience.

       I'm glad i enjoyed the good old days of ham rdio in the past because they sure ain't gonna come around again.

73 de

Dave, WT8R