At 06:33 PM 5/23/2005 +0000, you wrote:
Flea markets.... why wait for a flea market when sales go fast on the internet. Forums.... read about this content the next day after it happens or is released... on the internet.
New products....  sell it on ur web site, fast.

This appears to be 'dead on". There are those rare items that I look for at a Hamfest, But like many I am sure, when a need comes to mind, it's off to e-bay. I will go to Hamcom in Dallas because it is only a 4 hour drive. I hope to sell a couple of items that were taken to Dayton by a good friend but did not sell, and I will be looking for a killer bargain on a FT-920(yes, I have already been watching e-bay), BUT the thing I am primarily looking for is the opportunity to visit with old as well as new friends. I believe the small, close Hamfests will survive, but the large ones may be doomed for the reasons Charles has outlined. Too much cost (gasoline)for too little benefit.

73
Mike, W5UC