Greetings and salutations fellow DX'ers.  Steve, KF2TI, here with
some newsworthy items…….let's go to press.

NJDXA 15 Members Award

Did you know that there is an award for working NJDXA members?  Well
if not, now you do.  If you work 15 NJDXA members within a 12 month
period and submit the logs to me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), the North Jersey
DX Association will send you a beautiful multi-color certificate
(suitable for framing).  It not easy since there is no warning when
or where we NJDXA'ers will pop up on a band or mode…But then again,
that's why it's so prestigious.      So line and sign up today

9th Annual WAS Award

And speaking of prestigious…do you know what WAS stands for?  If you
guessed Worked All States, you'd be half correct.  The other half who
answered Worked all Steve's would also get a prize.  Steve, KF2TI,
Steve, KB2ENF, Steve, N2IFA and Kurt, W2MW (who we also call Steve)
will again be taking their Dx-pedition to Newington, CT and getting
W1AW on the air for this rare award, after a year off.  December 28,
2005 starting at 1 PM EST is when we are planning to get 30CW, 20M
and hopefully 10 and 15 SSB up and running.  Work any of the 4
"Steve's" and we will send you a beautiful multi-color certificate
(suitable for framing).  We don't even need your QSL as we will have
copies of the log and work off those.

Several years ago we gave Kurt a terminal disease.  I forget if it
was train or Tower (for those from Cleveland).  The following year
after a remarkable recovery, Kurt's health returned, but it cost him
his arms and he sent CW..QLF (ask for a jpg for the photo!!!).
Well after we found new arms, Kurt took it upon to try and win a
Darwin by testing the theory of falling objects.  Kurt took himself
and a hammer and fell off a roof, falling 20 feet and sure enough,
they hit the ground at the same time.  Of course, the hammer made out
a lot better than Kurt did.  "The fall wasn't so bad, it was that
sudden stop at the end", stated W2MW, or THUD as he is know known.
Who knows what mysterious ailments KurtSteve will develop this
year??!!!

This award is rare since the only time any of the 4 Steve's can be
found on the air at the same time is either the W1AW event or
traveling in the middle of the night the weekend of the Dayton
Hamvention.

One word of note:  keep your eyes tuned to that radio some time in
May when the Steve's (depending on a whole bunch of factors…but not
O'Riley's..get it??) may just be operating KP2..hmmmmmm

Anyway, just a couple things to keep DX'ers busy during the solar
decline
That's it fellow Dexters, back to the shadows again, but remember

Shoes for Industry and more science for More Science High
The future fair. A fair for all and no fair for anybody
If it goes in, it must come out
How can you be in 2 places at once when you're not anywhere at all
Don't use your hands, use your entrenching tool
He's just a government tweenie