Non India citizens who visit Andaman Islands must have a valid permit to be on the islands (and some islands remain restricted even with general permit). However, for my 3 visits there, I obtained that permit when I arrived at the air port in Port Blair. Time it took was about 20 minutes and was very automatic.

To enter India, foreign visitors do need a valid visa and I do not think that can be gotten upon entry but must be obtained prior to arrival on India soil. Air Andaman may now have direct air service to Port Blair from Bangkok and various boat services may also be operational, but do extensive checks on this before traveling this way. Several airlines regularily fly from the India mainland to Port Blair. 73,

Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]