Don said: ""You are not correct, the radios antennas etc are all going BACK to the manufacturers.""
Why am I not correct? The manufacturers donated(or loaned if you prefer) tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment. In return the equipment manufacturers can rightfully expect credit and the maximum exposure of their products.

Don Said: ""Each member of the team put up $20K or so each.   Each member had to take 6 weeks or more out his life.""
As I have said they are to be commended for what they have accomplished and endured. They are a very special group of individuals who deserve all the accolades they have been, and will continue to, receive.

Don said: ""It is well over half of the expended $.""
I did not make a definite statement. I said "most likely". I based my comment on all the financial info that has been made public so far.

Don said: ""This team put out over 87,000 QSOs, the 5 most DXPedtion EVER.  It likely will go down as the costliest ever.""
I guess we have a new syndrome here which I will call the Bode Miller syndrome. A lot of time, money, and resources were spent on Bode Miller and he didn't finish in the top 3. 3YØX was ""the costliest ever"" and didn't finish in the top 3. Could I have done better, NO. Do I have a right to point out what I perceived, from my own experiences, to have been the shortcomings, YES.

Lastly Don said: ""They don't owe you anything Mal""
I take particular exception to that remark. At no time have I ever asked for nor do I expect anything. I made all my contacts with the xpedtion 'fair-n-square'. I don't know what the duties of a PILOT are, but if one of the duties is to take a personal disparaging shot at anyone who criticizes the xpedition then you have more than succeeded at your duties.
Very Best 73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
http://geocities.com/n7mal/
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia