Quoting from ARRL:

-- quote --
The new text at Section II, Paragraph 1(c) shall read: "The Entity contains a
permanent population, is administered by a local government and is located at
least 800 km from its parent. To satisfy the 'permanent population' and
'administered by a local government' criteria of this subsection, an Entity
must be listed on either (a) the US Department of State's list of 'Dependencies
and Areas of Special Sovereignty' as having a local 'Administrative Center,' or
(b) the United Nations' list of 'Non-Self-Governing Territories.'"
-- endquote --

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see 3B8/Mauritius on either of these two
lists.  What status change makes you think that 3B7/St. Brandon could become a
new entity?

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us