DXCC has always been a mix of real countries and remote islands and land
strips, also in the good old days (I remember exotic places like Minerva Reef,
Serrana Bank, Desroches, Farquhar etc etc, most of them valid from the start
of DXCC and deleted in the 70/80's). So DXCC does and did NOT mean DX Country
Club but DX Century Club.
Anyway, I gess you missed some opportunities to work BS7 or was not interested
then. No reason to be frustrated now. I worked BS7 in 1995 and 1997 which was
not too difficult fm EU. Andaman has been off the air much longer.
I think working all these rare places is part of the challenge. Challenge in
this case means that you sometimes have to wait for years. (Haven't we been
waiting decades for China and Albania). If you do not like this challenge
don't go for it. If you do NOT want to work entities like Peter 1,
Scarborough, Kure etc do NOT work them. No one is forcing you to do so.

Wim PA0WRS