From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf
Of Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 11:21 AM
To: dx-chat@njdxa.org
Subject: [DX-CHAT] How do we make better DXers?

It was frustrating and sad to listen to the KH8SI and 4O3T pileups
this weekend (mostly SSB).

When the DX station says, "The station with 7 in the call, ending in
Germany" why do unrelated calls from all over the country continue to
call?  When the DX station comes back to a full callsign, why does the
pileup size diminish only by half, rather than "all but one"?  It
makes it impossible for a better DXer to find the station being worked
because so many others are still calling.

The rate of these DX stations is being hindered by out-of-turn
callers.  When the rate is hindered, fewer people can work the DX
station.  Especially limited-time operations like KH8SI.

It made me sad to be a DXer this weekend.  My QSO with KH8SI on 17
meters took THREE go-arounds because they could not get my call
(presumably because of all the people still calling).  That's TWO MORE
possible QSOs that were wasted by the out-of-turn callers.

OUT-OF-TURN CALLERS ARE SETTING A BAD EXAMPLE, RUINING IT FOR
THEMSELVES AND EVERYONE ELSE!

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us