Tom -

I believe that you are over reacting to the note you received.

1.  The directions at the top of the form are very explicit.
2. It would be nice if you actually "quoted" the contents of the note rather than giving your interpretation. 3. Not following directions slows down the process and, effectively, slows the checking of other DXCC applications especially if you are submitting a large number of cards. 4. I have never found anyone at the DXCC desk as being anything other than courteous and helpful.
5.  Calm down and follow directions.

73,
Jay/AF2C