Hi Larry,

You could ask the DXCC desk directly ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) but here's my take:

> 1.  My understanding of the FAQ is that the stations and entities within
> a band-mode category can be in any order - is that correct?

Yes, but I always sort alphabetically by callsign (not necessarily by country
prefix).  Actually, DX4WIN does this for me.  I don't think it matters to their
computer.

> 2.  How do I delete a line if there is an error I can't fix?

Just cross it out.  The computer counts the cards/credits.

> 3.  Am I permitted to have blank lines separating a band-mode in case I
> miss something in a band-mode?

See #2 above.

> 4.  Can I type my own form that looks as close to the ARRL form as
> possible?  It's much easier to sit down at a computer and type in the
> information rather than fill in a form by hand,  especially with my
> current handwriting <g>

Yes, lots of logging software does this.  Make sure the columns are in the same
order.  You can use an Excel spreadsheet if it makes things easier.

My understanding is that if you send in cards AND application, they don't need
the listing filled out.  However, the cards must STILL be in (first) band
(then) mode order.  Cards with multiple bands/modes must be at the end.

Also remember, they will enter EVERY QSO from EVERY CARD into the computer.
Each *QSO* count towards the 125 submission limit.  So if there are bands/modes
you don't care about, put a sticky note on the QSL so they can ignore those
QSOs.

> 5.  My last submission was in 1950 something.  My understanding is that
> I would have to submit current cards in order to qualify for band-mode
> awards.  That is, submit new cards where possible.

Yes, your old credits will be transferred from the paper records automatically
(if it hasn't already been done).

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us