My thanks to all who helped out in my quest to track down my brother, and
especially to Dave G4GED and Dave G0OIL, both of whom independently and
almost simultaneously let me know what the problem was:  The area code for
the part of London my brother lives in changed!

And I thought that only happened here (my cell phone STILL gets phone calls
for a commercial ceramics business -- the SW PA area code split "only"
happened about 8 - 9 years ago!)

73, ron w3wn