Ron

just to clarify. I'm a member of the 7O1YGF team.

I ask you kindly that you withdraw what you wrote under point 2, as it
is NOT TRUE!

Hans, one of 7O1YGF

Ron Notarius W3WN schrieb:
Well, I don't know about 7O7AA or 7O8AA (and yes, Osten, I do recall your
email from back in March, obviously you have more information at your
disposal than I do).  Things may have changed after those licenses were
issued, and especially after the two Yemens merged back into one country.
Or the Aden Branch may have had the authority at one time and does not
anymore.  Or they overstepped their authority the first time or two and was
approval from the Saana may have come retroactively, something they no
longer wish to do.  I could continue to speculate, but we may never know.

As far as the "documentation problem" with 7O1YGF goes, remember two things:

(1)  The 7O1YGF team advertised quite often prior to the DXpedition that
they had a license.  Or at least that they had permission.  This was
re-iterated during and after the DXpedition... but the elusive "license" or
"permission to operate" never appears to have either (a) been put on paper,
and/or (b) been seen in the light of day by anyone outside of the
DXpedition.

(2)  The 7O1YGF team has never submitted ANY documentation to the DXCC desk
to have the operation approved for DXCC credit.  Just some photos that were
given to N7NG at Friedrichshafen.

Let us all also bear in mind that this has happened before.  There are more
than a few operations by EU ops from Central America that have not been
approved due to lack of documentation.  It does make one wonder...

And yes, I recall the story about Vlad too.  Funny that they would tell him
no license had ever been issued except the one to the Sultan of Kuwait, yet
we know of licenses (or at least "permission to operate" -- same thing but
technically not quite?  Are they hair splitting?) that have been issued,
such as 7O/OH2YY.  So one wonders what the real story is... again, we may
never know.

73