At 09:40 AM 10/25/2007, Peter Dougherty wrote:
I'm going to pick up either a Flexradio or a K3 to replace my much-despised-and-frequently-deaf Mark-V.

Peter, that's an interesting comment. I have a FT-1000MP that I absolutely would not part with. I'm wondering if there is that much difference in it and the MK-V, or I just don't know any better. Several years I had the opportunity to play with a MK-V for a weekend at a friends house. He was trying to decide whether or not to buy a MK-V or an original MP. After a weekend with the MK-V, he bought a used MP, and I decided that I would rather have the MP. Is there really that much difference?

73,
Mike, W5UC

"age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/