I agree 100%. Where are the locals? If they decided to make Tennessee a new DXCC entity, I would be on the air as much as Martti was (what an amazing effort). If I could not be FIRST, then I would be first to get the QSL cards in the hands of the deserving. I'd have a local printer working hard on a basic card and have my logs uploaded to LoTW every 24 hours. There is more than one way to win this race.

Garth, KW4MM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Stepansky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 6:45 AM
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] FJ: Canned Worms (long)

Well, 7O1YGF was disallowed for DXCC because the license (or whatever) was supposedly signed by the "wrong person". I'm not trying to start something, but I figure if that technicality is enough to disallow credit, this probably is too.

But several have mentioned something I'd not thought about. Let's assume for a minute that FJ/OH2AM is disallowed for DXCC. WHERE ARE ALL THE FJ HAMS RIGHT NOW? Yes, I'm shouting. Were it me, were I an FJ ham, I'd be doing two things:

1. Not worrying much about FJ/OH2AM DXCC legality. I might be a little cheesed they started first, but I wouldn't have let that situation develop to begin with. I'd have been on the air on the first day FJ became an entity. Even with FJ/OH2AM's presence I would have been on 10 (you never know), 15, RTTY, 160, etc.

2. With FJ/OH2AM no longer operating, I'd be pounding away giving everybody a new one. That's what bothers me right now. What is the possible motivation to avoid being on the air? FJ5KH has already been on the air, so it's not like this will be another "first time" operation.

By far, #2 bothers me the most. OK, feel free to question the "legality" of the previous operation, but then don't keep your rigs cold. Get on the air and have some fun. I'm confused.

73, Joe KQ3F