From: kf...@njdxa.org [mailto:kf...@njdxa.org] On Behalf Of Steve Litwins
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 2:41 PM
To: dx-chat@njdxa.org
Subject: [DX-CHAT] IRCs agn...

Just went through a session at our local PO re redeeming the soon to expire
IRCs.  The postal clerks all work through a computer program which is used
as inventory/cost etc control.  I went in with some IRCs and they could not
figure out how to get the computers system to take care of the transaction.
So...if the computer program dies the PO must be shut down as it's the only
way transactions can be recorded into the system.  At least...that the way
it was explained to me.  The are stuck on square zero WRT dealing with IRCs
until somebody in their mgmt sys tells them how to enter the transaction
into their computer prog.  So...I went back to the house with IRCs still in
hand and have to wait until they can figure out how to deal with their
computer system.  I hope they can do this in the 3 months left to cash the
expiring IRCs before the expiry date.
I'll try and pass the info on so you all will not have to go through what I
just did...
73/dx
steve, k8wk