Gentlemen, I hope I didn't light this flame a week or so with my request for
info re ST0R and LOTW. My apologies if I am guilty.

This worn out thread needs to be buried. Please read what Ryan said in his
email (below) as he is right on the mark. Most DXpeditions are not going to
instantly put their logs on LOTW and shouldn't be expected to do so. They have
substantial costs to try and recover, and we should help them do it or
DXpeditions are going to disappear.

I doubt very much that anyone is making money by doing a DXpedition, and are
frequently exposing themselves to personal safety and health risks. Be kind and
considerate to the guys who take these risks to put a QSO in your log.

John Owens - N7TK

Celebrating over 50 Years in Ham Radio
No. 1 Honor Roll

"Are you sure they did it?

Their webpage says this:

Donors and Sponsors will receive LoTW CFMs after the DXped ends.

http://www.tx7m.com/sponsors.php

Maybe they changed their minds afterwards but the initial expectation
was that LoTW was a perk of donating.

It is apparent that some don't realize the massive costs of a major
DXpedition. It's not simply two guys taking a boat with a rig and a
wire antenna. Some of these operations cost tens or even hundreds of
thousands of dollars.

And with that cost, there must be a means of recouping some of it.

I have no problem with tossing a few bucks in the tip jar if I get a new one.

Bureau is and likely will always be free. Many of them upload to LoTW
after 1-2 years after the expedition ends anyway.

But to expect everyone to spend tens or hundreds of thousands and then
not expect to recoup some of those costs is just silly.

73
Ryan, N2RJ "