Yes John I agree with your and Ryan's point. Those guys put a lot of work and time
planning a DXpedition. Then as you properly said, they continue by exposing
themselves to personal safety and health risks. Then they keep in front of the rig for many hours, to give a new entity to a lot of people around the world.
Then they have to be exposing themselves again on the trip back home. And
finally, the hard work to answer thousand of qsls.
And what we have to do after a few hours of confortable work to make the qso ? Just send the qsl and WAIT for the answer. Or send the log to LOTW and WAIT for the match and credit. And follow THEIR instructions. If at the end of the qsl work they have some extra money, it's nice. They will use it for future dxpeditions.
I don't know anybody that made money with Dxpeditions. But I know a lot of
nice guys that always put his money on their expeditions and never see anything back. And we should always say thanks to them. They help to keep our hobby alive. Now we have some guys that did nothing to help the dxpeditions, saying they must
do this, they must do that .... that's ridiculous ...
As we use to say here "IF YOU CAN'T HELP, DON'T DISTURB".

Fred - PY7ZZ